tiistai 28. tammikuuta 2014

Live croquis




Today I finally did what I should have started years ago; I did live croquis drawings.
Idea was that you had 2-5 minutes to draw a live model.

First I was in panic mode; trying to desperately capture the figure before she changed position


After a couple of takes I was getting slightly more comfortable


Then, in the end, I was able to catch the anatomy with just few lines as I finally figured out how our model's physique was built.

All in all I was not trying to make impressive images; I was trying to study the anatomy. And when you only have couple of minutes your brain is forced to understand what is really going on in the body, rather than just copying what it thinks it sees. That's why I loved this exercise.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti